Released in 2020, Crusader Kings III is part of the hugely popular grand strategy series, Crusader Kings. It follows on from Crusader Kings II released in 2012. The series is developed by Paradox Interactive and is well known for its extremely in-depth gameplay and the huge array of DLC that they release for their games. The company puts so much effort into making these titles realistic that they are even played in an educational setting. Keep reading for the details on all the available Crusader Kings III DLC.
Crusader Kings III DLC: Flavour Packs
The first Crusader Kings III DLC released is a flavour pack. The Northern Lords Flavour Pack introduces new events and cultural themes related to Norse Society. This includes:
- Norse Adventurer Realms: Norse characters may abandon their own homes and lead hosts into foreign lands to establish their own kingdoms.
- Jomsvikings and Shieldmaidens: Norse holy warriors and stalwart shieldmaidens take up arms on your behalf, while poet characters can compose stinging rebukes or romantic overtures.
- New Cultural Content: Special Norse dynastic legacies, Norse blot sacrifices, trials by combat and cultural innovations, as well as numerous new events for additional color.
- New Art and Music: Original art and musical score to enhance your playing experience
- And more: Berserkers, missionaries, runestones, Varangian adventurers, new decisions and other highlights from the exciting history of the Norse people.
Over 6 years, Paradox Interactive released 60 mods, expansions and flavour packs for Crusader Kings II. Indeed, in the first year alone they released 4 expansions. We can therefore expect expansions to start coming thick and fast for Crusader Kings III. The first flavour pack expands on the Norse cultures so it seems likely that any expansion will start here. As new DLC is released, this page will continue to be updated by One Chilled Gamer. However, if you cannot wait, then check out how you can get the Old Gods Expansion for free on Crusader Kings II.