The Goblin Gang is a team of goblins that proves very cost-effective at just 3 Elixir due to spawning 3 regular Goblins and 2 Spear Goblins when used. As such, it can make an excellent card for defensive purposes against single-target cards. In this Clash Royale Guide, let us study the Goblin Gang deeper, and find out what sets them apart from the other goblin cards.
Is Goblin Gang Good in Clash Royale?
The Goblin Gang is a common card that can be unlocked from Arena 9 onwards (Jungle Arena). It can be used to distract troops, take down troops that target towers, and also eliminate ground and air swarm troops. Indeed, this ability to target both ground and air at such a cheap elixir cost, makes them one of the best cards in their elixir range. With this in mind, there are several strategies you can implement with them:
- Using them in a Log Bait deck to lure the enemy’s Log spell.
- Using them as a support unit paired with a Hog Rider to protect the Hog from being damaged by high DPS cards for a short period of time, depending on the enemy’s move.
- Using them as a defensive card to take down troops such as Hog Rider, Ram Rider, etc.,
- Use them as a support unit against splash damage troops by deploying them after the enemy troop is engaged with one of your single-target troops.
Best Goblin Gang Decks in Clash Royale
The Goblin Gang can be used in a wide variety of decks in Clash Royale with each lending themselves well to his attributes. With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the Best Goblin Gang Decks in Clash Royale.
- Goblin Gang, Princess, Spear Goblins, Bandit, Dark Prince, Tornado, Goblin Barrel, Log.
- Goblin Gang, Lavahound, Balloon, Minions, Minion Horde, Elixir Collector, Arrows, Fireball.
- Goblin Gang, P.E.K.K.A, Musketeer, Baby Dragon, Bandit, Battle Ram, Barbarian Barrel, Poison.
- Goblin Gang, Giant, Graveyard, Ice Wizard, Mega Minion, Tombstone, Poison, Log.
- Goblin Gang, X-Bow, Mega Minion, Princess, Ice Wizard, Rocket, Tornado, Log.
How to Counter Goblin Gang in Clash Royale
Tackling the Goblin Gang is no big deal as they hold a low health capacity. Here are some of the best ways you can tackle them:
- Splash Damage cards: Cards that deal splash damage such as the Mega Knight, Wizard, Executioner, etc. can clear the Goblin Gang from the arena in no time. The Goblin Gang can be killed altogether with one hit while they are in motion, and in some cases, it will take 2 hits to take all 5 goblins down when they engage against one of these troop types.
- Spells: Cheap elixir Spells like the Arrows, Log, and Zap can eliminate the goblin Gang altogether. This also helps to get you a positive/equal elixir trade as you spend 3 or less to clear the 3 elixir Goblin Gang. Poison Spell also works wonders here, but it is not worth spending 4 elixir to take down the Goblin Gang as it leads to a negative elixir trade, and you already have better options for a cheaper price.
Clash Royale Goblin Gang Tips
Next up in this Clash Royale Goblin Gang Guide, let’s take a look at some tips to help you use the Goblin Gang to its utmost potential:
- Collective effort against swarms: With the help of Spear Goblins, the Goblin Gang can take down any swarm (except Barbarians) in Clash Royale. Although it is recommended to use a Spell to clear the swarms, using the Goblin Gang is always a secondary option to be considered in cases where the opponent has lured your Spell already.
- Split deployment: This tactic works well with Barbarians and Goblin Gang. By splitting the troops into both lanes, they can chip damage away from the towers. The damage dealt may not be a major contribution, but repeating the process allows the goblins to further damage the tower bib by bit.
- Distract and Deploy: The Goblin Gang plays a huge role when the enemy troops are distracted. Mega Knight, for example, can smash the Goblin Gang comfortably, however, if you distract the Mega Knight by placing another troop with sufficient health first his blows (Knight, Mini P.E.K.K.A, etc.) and then place the Goblin Gang around him, the goblins will attack and eliminate him quickly.
More Clash Royale Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Clash Royale Goblin Gang Guide useful, then join our community below to be kept up to date on any new Clash Royale Guides added to the site.