Prince is undoubtedly one of the strongest ground troops in Clash Royale. His longevity in the arena dates back to the game’s release, and he has been dominating the battlefield ever since. In this Clash Royale Prince Guide, let us look at some of the attributes of the Prince, along with his best decks, and a handful of tips to master the card.
Is Prince Good in Clash Royale?
The Prince is an epic card that can be unlocked from Clash Royale Arena 7 (Royal Arena) onwards. He moves steadily and begins to charge at anything that comes his way. While he is on the run, the Prince becomes much stronger and he deals double the damage to his opponents or towers. There are many strategic ways to take advantage of this special ability, which we shall see later on in this Clash Royale Guide.
Although the Prince comes at quite a high cost of 5 Elixir, this can easily be worth it in the right scenarios. Indeed with his high damage and health stats, he is able to be used both as offense and a cover for your weaker troops.
Best Prince Decks in Clash Royale
Prince can be used in a wide variety of decks in Clash Royale with each lending themselves well to his attributes. With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the Best Prince Decks in Clash Royale.
- Prince, Princess, Rascals, Goblin Barrel, Goblin Gang, Dart Goblin, Rocket, Log.
- Prince, Dark Prince, Giant, Electro Wizard, Mega Minion, Ice Spirit, Poison, Zap.
- Prince, Mega Knight, Miner, Musketeer, Wall breakers, Bats, Arrows, Zap.
- Prince, Hog Rider, Executioner, Ice Golem, Skeletons, Lightning, Log, Tornado.
- Prince, Mega Knight, Inferno Dragon, Miner, Bats, Skeleton Barrel, Goblin Gang, Zap.
How to Counter Prince in Clash Royale?
The Prince brings a lot of value to his decks with both great strength and hit points. However, due to some minor drawbacks, he does have some vulnerabilities to certain cards. Here are some of the tactics you can follow to tackle the Prince:
- Swarm Troops: Due to Prince’s single-target limitation, he can be wiped out from the arena using any swarm troops. It is recommended to use ground swarms (Skeleton Army, Goblin Gang, etc.) rather than air ones (Minions, Bats, etc.) as the Prince, being a ground troop, will neglect the air troops and charge towards the tower.
- Higher DPS cards: A strong card like Prince can fall against a tankier card like P.E.K.K.A, Mega Knight, and so on. Although the Prince will deal a ton of damage to these troops, he will nevertheless eventually lose to them solely due to the higher damage output and hitpoints on the other end.
- Damage-over-time cards: There are only a few troops that deal damage over time such as the Inferno Dragon and Mighty Miner, but they can be used effectively can shrink the Prince to nothing. However, these troops can often have low health so they’ll need some protection from the Prince’s charge so they can get their attacks off to wear him down.
Clash Royale Prince Tips
Next up in this Clash Royale Princ Guide, let’s take a look at some tips to help you use the Prince to its utmost potential:
- Charge Ability: The Prince is best used as a counter-attacking card. Indeed, due to his special ability giving him increased speed and damage, the Prince can put an end to enemy pushes and further charge toward the enemy crown tower. When there is an incoming troop, utilize this charge ability by placing the Prince far away from them, making sure that the Prince takes at least 5 seconds to reach the enemy troop so that he has time to activate his charge. This way, the enemy troop will be damaged twice more than the default damage output by the Prince. It is a superb technique to defend your towers against a card like Royal Giant, where the Prince takes it down fairly quickly.
- Push Allies faster: This is a tactic that works wonders for heavy decks. After placing a Golem, Mega Knight, or any other heavy card at the back, place the Prince just behind it. The Prince, moving at his normal pace, would eventually start charging towards the other side of the arena, resulting in pushing the troop ahead of him. This pushes the troop at the front to move faster, hence developing a faster push. You can repeat this trick as many times as you like but do not forget to deploy support units to back this push up.
More Clash Royale Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Clash Royale Prince Guide useful, then join our community below to be kept up to date on any new Clash Royale Guides added to the site.