Originating from Prometheus, the Titan god of fire from Greek mythology, Mateo is a Legendary Wind Fighter Esper. He makes use of 2 unique buffs which boost his damage and AP so that he is able to act more often.
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 1,185
- HP: 12,081
- DEF: 911
- SPD: 102
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is Mateo a Good Esper in Dislyte?
Mateo excels across much of the PvE content in Dislyte. This is highlighted by his Captain Ability which boosts team SPD by a massive 35% when he leads the team in Ritual Miracle, Sonic Miracle, Desolate Lands, or Sentinel Hunt. Within this, he is particularly strong against Fafnir due to his ability to make multi-stage attacks as well as debuff the enemy, and steal their buffs.
The highlight of Mateo’s kit is his unique buff, Eternal Flame, and his unique debuff, Spark. When an enemy is inflicted with Spark, Mateo gains 5% AP whenever the carrier takes a hit, easily turning him into a speed demon, and increases the damage they take. When Mateo has Eternal Flame, his damage increases by 2% per stack, and the damage he takes is reduced by 1% per stack.
Mateo gains Eternal Flame stacks by using his third ability, Fire Punch. This also inflicts Spark, attacks the target 3 times, and steals 1 buff. Spark can also be inflicted by using his basic ability, Blast Burn, which also attacks a target twice and has a chance to dispel a buff. Lastly, his second ability, Fire Pillar, attacks the target 2 times and inflicts Diseased and DEF Down.
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Mateo’s abilities can be seen below.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Damage per hit: 50% ATK. Each hit has a 60% chance of dispelling 1 buff. Inflicts Spark for 2 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 55%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 70%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 60%
- Level 5: Trigger Chance increased to 80%.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Damage per hit: 85% ATK. Inflicts Diseased and DEF Down for 2 turns. Each SPD grants extra damage. Extra Damage: 0.1% ATK.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 90%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 95%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 100%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 1: Gains 3 stacks of Eternal Flame. Inflicts Spark on 1 enemy for 2 turns. Then, attacks the enemy 3 times. Damage per hit: 60% ATK. Each hit steals 1 buff. Upon successfully stealing, Mateo gains 3 stacks of Eternal Flame. Each SPD grants extra damage. Extra Damage: 0.25% ATK. Mateo gains 1 stack of Eternal Flame when getting healed.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 65%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 70%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 75%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Mateo Captain Ability
Increases ally SPD in Ritual Miracle, Sonic Miracle, Desolate Lands, and Sentinel Hunt by 35%.
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Mateo at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: ATK +70, HP +340, DEF +25
- Phase 2: HP+950, ATK +25, DEF +25
- Phase 3: Upgraded Fire Pillar
- Phase 4: ACC +10%
- Phase 5: C. RATE +10%
- Phase 6: ATK +20%
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Fire Bunch: Final Damage +10%.|
|Morph||Fire Punch: If the enemy has Spark, Mateo’s C. RATE +100%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
|Berserker Drain||When HP is below 60%, Lifesteal +15%.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%.|
|Morph||Fire Punch: If Mateo has 10 or more stacks of Eternal Flame and there is a surviving ally at the end of his turn, Mateo gains Standoff for 1 turn.|
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs Mateo receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +900
- HP +3,815
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +30%
- When the target has Spark, Fire Punch’s Final Damage +25%
There are a few options you can take with Mateo to make good use of him. This can include lifestyle to turn him into a self sustain beast or going for raw damage instead to maximize his DPS potential. You will also want his equipment attributes to boost SPD due to his abilities’ damage scaling off of this while also improving his ability cycling. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Nether: 35% of damage dealt is converted to HP
- War: ATK +30%
- Thunder: C. DMG +50% and an extra +30% when attacking Bosses
- Avatara: 25% chance of using Counterattack when taking damage
- Fiery: C.RATE +20%
Lastly, Mateo’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize C. RATE, ATK BONUS, ACC, C. DMG, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.