In Rise of Kingdoms, making the best use of your Commanders is key to coming out on top. Each Commander is a specialist at a few different things, such as being an Archer, Cavalry, Defense, Leadership, or Infantry Commander. We have already looked at the overall Best Legendary Commanders and Best Epic Commanders however here we go a bit further and look at the Best Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms.
Why you Need Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms
Gathering Commanders are the most effective at collecting resources around the map in Rise of Kingdoms. They usually possess many talents that enhance their yield, load, and gathering speed. Following this logic, great Gathering Commanders enhance how much resources they gain from a gathering spot in the shortest time possible.
Gathering Commanders are a must for any player serious about playing Rise of Kingdoms. You will always need more resources as fast as possible to compete with your adversaries, to build, to restock your army, to do basically anything that means you are advancing your account. Having these commanders for your Rise of Kingdoms Farm Accounts can be particularly useful, as well as for your main.
What Makes a Good Rise of Kingdoms Gathering Commander
Good Gathering Commanders must ideally possess as many talents and skills that enhance how fast they march to a resource and how quickly they can fill their army’s maximum load with resources. Enhancing the maximum load of your troops usually comes with the least priority, but it’s also welcome.
It’s also very important to bring Sieging Troops with you. Ideally, tier 1 battering rams as they are the most cost-efficient for this job, they are fast, easy to make, and replaceable. If someone hits your gathering unit, you want to take as little damage to your economy as possible. NEVER send out your real troops like Infantry or Cavalry to gather as you risk your kingdom’s security.
These Commanders are by definition poor fighters, so you should not expect them to win any battles. Indeed, using them in such a scenario could be quite costly. However, you can always use gathering units as bait, and when an enemy Commander comes to take them out roll out an actual offensive party to surround them.
Best Equipment for Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms
There is no legendary gear for gathering which is extremely nice for your resources, not only that, but gathering gear uses bones as crafting material, which is not really useful for PVP gear. The best possible gathering equipment set is as follows, from the most important piece to the least important:
- The Bard’s Pendant – An accessory that gives you +5% extra resources from gathering. This sounds not that important, but it is amazing to have this bonus from one item on top of the next set.
- Scepter of the Forest Guardian – The first piece of the Forest Guardian set, at 4 pieces (which you want) you gain: +20% troop load which is pretty whatever, but the second bonus at 4 pieces gives you 5% extra resources from gathering. This is a must-have for anyone looking for the most efficient gathering options. The Scepter itself raises gather speed by a massive 10%.
- Mask of the Forest Guardian – Another piece of the Forest Guardian set, this piece raises gathering speed by 8%. These items also happen to raise your Siege Unit attack, but as I said, expect your gathering team to lose any fight they get into. Therefore, that attack bonus is not even worth bringing up.
- Robe of the Forest Guardian – Another one for the first set, it adds another 8% to gathering speed.
- Claws of the Forest Guardian – The final piece of the set for yet another 6% gathering speed bonus.
- Peter’s Sickle – This accessory plain and simple gives you a Gathering Speed of +10%. A nice further boost on top of everything else.
- Harvester’s Breeches – This is the first piece from the second set, the Harvester’s Set. It gives you +10% gathering speed at just 2 pieces of gear. This is on top of the 5% gathering speed these pants provide by themselves.
- Harvester’s Boots – Part of the Harvester set, these boots provide another 5% bonus to gathering speed.
More Interesting Posts from OCG
Best Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms
Now you know what makes a good Gathering Commander and how to make the most of them, let’s get straight onto the list of the Best Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms. If you can get your hands on any of these Commanders you will be in a good place! Check out our detailed Rise of Kingdoms Commanders Guide for more details on building each of these Commanders.
5. Matilda of Flanders
Matilda is an Epic Commander who is great at gathering resources, specifically it is recommended to use her for gathering stone. Her passive ability gives her a 25% gathering speed bonus for stone and 20% for food and wood. “Flanders Gift” also grants her +10% additional resources upon completion of a gathering run. Her troops also gain additional troop capacity, which is not that important compared to the other buffs.
Her gathering talent tree grants her access to 30% gathering speed buffs for gold, stone, food, and wood. Another 6% additional resources on collection completion and another skill which increases all gathering speeds by 25%. This all sums up to amazing gathering speeds, stone gathering most of all.
4. Joan Of Arc
Joan is another example of an EXTREMELY good Epic Gathering Commander. Indeed, she is also one of the Best Epic Commanders in the entire game and makes one of the Best Epic Commander Pairings in the game when teamed up with Diaochan! Overall, she doesn’t really have one resource she is better at gathering and can be used to gather any resource you deem needed in your Kingdom.
Joan’s The Maid of Orleans skill makes her gather resources 25% faster, while her troops gain an additional 25% load to carry the gathered resources. A really simple skill that greatly empowers her gathering abilities. Investing into her Gathering talent tree will further increase gathering speed at all sources by 55% and can also grant 6% additional resources on completion of the gathering run.
3. Ishida Mitsunari
Ishida has access to nearly all the same talents as Joan and Matilda. What differentiates him from these other gatherers is his focus on food gathering. Go-Bugyo increases all your gathering speeds by 20%, aside from food which gets a 30% gathering speed boost instead. Furthermore, Ishida can take 50% more troops than other Commanders of his level, which will increase the total load you can gather.
Take your Gaming Sessions to the Next Level
- Stop your Mobile Running out of Battery Mid Game
- Transform your Mobile into a Great Handheld Gaming Device
- Everything you need for the Best Mobile Gaming Sessions
Seondeok is a Legendary Gathering Commander. She is best at gathering gold, a specialization that is very rare in the game, furthered by the fact that gold is one of the most important resources in Rise of Kingdoms.
Seondeok’s Insightful skill makes her gather all resources 20% faster, all but gold of course, which Seondeok instead gathers 30% faster. Furthermore, she has a skill that increases her load capacity of siege units by 30% and grants 10% additional resources when the gathering run is completed. Since you should only be using siege units while gathering you will get a lot of value from this skill!
1. Cleopatra VII
Cleopatra, much like the other resource gatherers on this list, receives +20% to the speed of gathering all resources, with the exception of stone gathering which goes 30% faster for her. She is a god-tier gatherer thanks to her increased troop capacity bonus. She also receives additional resource packs when she finishes gathering at any given node.
More Rise of Kingdoms Guides from OCG
Join the Community
If you found this list of the Best Gathering Commanders in Rise of Kingdoms useful, then join our community below to be kept up to date on any new Rise of Kingdoms Guides published along with other interesting posts from the website.