Originating from Greek, a Greek mythological hero, and leader of the Argonauts, David is a Rare Wind Fighter Esper. He is an unusual Fighter that possesses some Tank attributes through his use of Taunt on the enemy team.
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 861
- HP: 11,708
- DEF: 991
- SPD: 92
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is David a Good Esper in Dislyte?
David is not your normal Fighter Esper in that his utility does not mainly come from the amount of damage he does. Indeed, his damage is actually quite low versus other Fighters, with his utility rather coming from debuffing the enemy, reducing their AP, and stealing their buffs. This can make him a useful counter against a range of teams for example in Point War.
His third ability, Curtain Call, hits the enemy 4 times with the first 3 hits having the chance to steal a buff, with the fourth hit inflicting Stun and reducing the target’s AP if a buff is stolen in the first 3 hits. His first ability, Roundhouse Dance, hits the enemy once and has a chance to inflict ATK Down.
David also makes use of his passive ability, Moonwalk, to further support himself and his team. If he has able to take an action at the start of his turn then he dispels 1 debuff from himself and inflicts Taunt on a random enemy to draw attacks away from allies. Once he is Ascended to Phase 3, this passive also has a chance of activating when he takes a hit.
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of David’s abilities can be seen below.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Damage: 100% ATK. 50% chance of inflicting ATK Down for 2 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 110%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 75%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 120%
- Level 5: Trigger Chance increased to 100%.
- Level 6: Damage increased to 130%.
- Level 1: If David can take action at the start of his turn, dispels 1 debuff from himself, and inflicts Taunt on 1 random enemy for 1 turn. Upon taking a hit, 30% chance of triggering this effect.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 4 times. Damage for first 3 hits: 60% ATK, and steals 1 buff. Damage for the 4th hit: 55% ATK, and inflicts Stun for 1 turn. Each buff stolen by the first 3 hits allows the 4th hit to inflict AP –30%.
- Level 2: Last hit damage increased to 65%.
- Level 3: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 4: Last hit damage increased to 75%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 6: Last hit damage increased to 85%.
David Captain Ability
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by David at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: HP +950, aTK +25, DEF +25
- Phase 2: DEF +70, HP +340, ATK +25
- Phase 3: Upgraded Moonwalk
- Phase 4: DEF +10%
- Phase 5: HP +15%
- Phase 6: ATK +20%
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Curtain Call: Final Damage +10%.|
|Resilient Spirit||When Incapacitated, Damage Taken –16%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Defense Intrusion||When attacking, 16% chance of ignoring RESIST.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Covenant||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs David receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +136
- HP +5,268
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%
- When the bearer’s HP is below 50%, Roundhouse Dance’s Damage +20%
Although a Fighter Esper, David’s utility mostly comes from his ability to steal buffs and land debuffs. As such, building him fast and with good accuracy will highlight these features more. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Wind: SPD +25%
- Recurve: ACC +25%
Lastly, David’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize HP BONUS, ATK BONUS, ACC, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.