Originating from Tao Tie, a greedy and gluttonous mythological creature from Chinese mythology, Li Ao is a Rare Inferno Defender Esper. He is able to Taunt and Devour his opponents to prevent them from taking any actions.
Li Ao Details
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 753
- HP: 14,855
- DEF: 860
- SPD: 100
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is Li Ao a Good Esper in Dislyte?
Li Ao is not held in high regard by the Dislyte community. He is considered a somewhat one-trick pony with his third ability, Uncaged Beast, which Devours a single opponent to prevent them from taking any turns and receiving any buffs or debuffs. Although useful, he is not really great at anything else and you are better off developing other Defender Espers.
His other abilities. Ravenous One and Binge, do, at first glance, possess some utility with dispels and Taunts. However, the chance of these triggering is so low that it negates much of their reliability.
Li Ao Abilities
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Li Ao’s abilities can be seen below.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Damage: 90% ATK. 30% chance of inflicting Taunt for 1 turn.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 95%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 45%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 100%
- Level 5: Trigger Chance increased to 60%.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Damage: 190% ATK. 50% chance of dispelling all their buffs. Heals Li Ao. Healing: 5% Max HP.
- Level 2: Trigger Chance increased to 75%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 120%.
- Level 4: Trigger Chance increased to 100%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Damage: 14% Max HP. Inflicts Devour on the enemy for 1 turn. If the enemy’s HP is above 50%, inflicts Devour for 2 turns instead.
- Level 2: HP-damage conversion ratio increased to 15%.
- Level 3: HP-damage conversion ratio increased to 16%.
- Level 4: HP-damage conversion ratio increased to 18%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Li Ao Captain Ability
Increases ally SPD in Point War and Knockout by 20%.
Li Ao Ascension
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Li Ao at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: HP +950, ATK +25, DEF +25
- Phase 2: DEF +70, HP +304, ATK +25
- Phase 3: Upgraded Binge
- Phase 4: HP +10%
- Phase 5: SPD +7
- Phase 6: RESIST +20%
Li Ao Resonance
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Uncaged Beast: Final Damage +10%.|
|Berserker Drain||When HP is below 60%, Lifesteal +10%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Self Sacrifice||When attacking, consumes 5% Max HP and deals True Damage. True Damage: 50% of consumed HP.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Covenant||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
Li Ao Divinate
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs Li Ao receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +136
- HP +5,268
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%
- When the enemy’s HP is full, Binge’s Damage +15%
Li Ao Equipment
Li Ao is at his best when using his Devour debuff and as such you’ll want to increase ability cycling with higher SPD so he can get this out more often. In addition, increasing his HP will be useful due to ability damage that scales off of this. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Wind: SPD +25%
- Grove: HP +25%
Lastly, Li Ao’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize HP BONUS, ACC, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.