Originating from Yanluo Wang, the god of death and ruler of Diyu in Chinese mythology, Luo Yan is an Epic Wind Support Esper. His kit sees him buffing allies, distributing some healing, and reducing the Max HP of enemies.
Luo Yan Details
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 1,001
- HP: 12,139
- DEF: 952
- SPD: 104
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is Luo Yan a Good Esper in Dislyte?
At first glance, Luo Yan can look a bit like a Healer. Indeed, his first ability, Death, heals the ally with the lowest HP, and his second ability, Life, grants him Death Tome which can revive fallen allies and himself. It also grants Recovery and Standoff. Although both of these are useful, you should not rely on him to be your main Healer.
It is Luo Yan’s third ability, Fate, that really sets him apart from others. It attacks all enemies, can inflict them with Diseased, and, most importantly, reduces the Max HP capacity of enemy Espers by 30%. This is particularly effective against Tank teams in Point War, and for PvE, in the Cube Miralce and the Infinite Miracle.
Luo Yan Abilities
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Luo Yan’s abilities can be seen below.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Damage: 100% ATK. Heals the ally with the lowest HP percentage. Healing 30% of the damage.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 110%.
- Level 3: Healing amount increased to 40%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 120%
- Level 5: Healing amount increased to 50%.
- Level 1: Grants 1 ally Recovery for 2 turns and Standoff for 1 turn. When having Death Tome, Luo Yan can select a fallen ally to revive and heal them. Healing: 1% of the ally’s Max HP. Luo Yan gains Death Tome at the start of combat.
- Level 2: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 1: Attacks all enemies. Damage: 100% ATK. Enemy Max HP capacity –30%. 50% chance of inflicting Diseased for 2 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 105%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 60%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 110%.
- Level 5: Trigger Chance increased to 70%.
- Level 6: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Luo Yan Captain Ability
Increases ally RESIST in Point War and Knockout by 40%.
Luo Yan Ascension
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Luo Yan at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: HP +950, ATK +25, DEF +25
- Phase 2: DEF +70, HP +340, ATK +25
- Phase 3: Upgraded Life
- Phase 4: ACC +10%
- Phase 5: HP +15%
- Phase 6: DEF +20%
Luo Yan Resonance
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Fate: Final Damage +10%.|
|Divine Resilience||When attacked by a critical hit, damage –12%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
|Accurate Aim||When the target is not buffed, Miss Rate –25%.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%.|
|Morph||Life: If without Death Tome when an ally falls, Luo Yan gains Death Tome. Triggers once per battle.|
Luo Yan Divinate
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs Luo Yan receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +540
- HP +2,290
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%
- When the target’s HP is below 50%, Death’s Final Damage 20%
Luo Yan Equipment
Luo Yan is at his best when able to get his third ability, Fate, quickly and without being impeded. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Wind: SPD +25%
- Fiery: Begins the battle with Immunity, which lasts for 1 turn.
Lastly, Luo Yan’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize ATK BONUS, HP BONUS, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.