Originating from Medusa, a famous gorgon from Greek mythology, Melanie is a Controller Esper with powerful abilities to slow down and stop opponents entirely, along with reducing their AP to delay their turns. This means that a lot of guides will refer to her as a Disabler instead, but we’ll be using Controller here as that’s what’s used in Dislyte.
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 886
- HP: 12,081
- DEF: 912
- SPD: 102
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
- General Information
- Role: Controller
- Element: Shimmer
- Rarity: Rare
- Affiliation: Wanderer
- Origins: Greek
- Deity: Medusa
- Captain Ability: Yes
- Availability: Echo
Is Melanie a Good Esper in Dislyte?
An Esper commonly used in Point War, the AP, SPD, and Petrification capabilities that Melanie has are quite rare and in-depth for an Esper of her rarity. These abilities are incredibly useful for competitive fights and can make her rather fearsome, but she’s not perfect. She’s pretty unique, but still only a 3* Esper, and this can be an issue.
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Melanie’s abilities can be seen below.
More Interesting Posts from OCG
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Deals 100% ATK damage. 40% chance of inflicting SPD Down on them for 2 turns. 40% chance of transferring 1 debuff to them
- Level 2: Trigger Chance increased to 50%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 110%.
- Level 4: Trigger Chance increased to 60%
- Level 5: Damage increased to 120%.
- Level 6: Trigger Chance increased to 75%.
Covenant of Punishment (PASSIVE)
- Level 1: Attacks reduce the target’s AP by 15%. If the target is below 30% AP inflicts Petrification for 1 turn
Queen of the Night
- Level 1: Attacks all enemies. Deals 90% ATK damage. 60% chance of reducing enemy AP by 15%. Cooldown: 4 turns. Following Ascension 3, if an enemy is debuffed, their AP is reduced by another 15%
- Level 2: Trigger Chance increased to 70%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 95%.
- Level 4: Trigger Chance increased to 80%.
- Level 5: Damage increased to 100%.
- Level 6: Trigger Chance increased to 100%.
Melanie Captain Ability
Increases ally SPD by 15%
Take your Gaming Sessions to the Next Level
- Stop your Mobile Running out of Battery Mid Game
- Transform your Mobile into a Great Handheld Gaming Device
- Everything you need for the Best Mobile Gaming Sessions
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Melanie at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: HP +950
- Phase 2: DEF +70
- Phase 3: Upgraded Queen of the Night
- Phase 4: SPD +5
- Phase 5: HP +15%
- Phase 6: ACC +20%
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Queen of the Night: Final Damage +10%.|
|Targeted Constraints||Each surviving enemy grants ACC +4% to Melanie.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Defense Intrusion||When attacking, 16% chance of ignoring RESIST.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Covenant||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
Melanie is best used in Point War, short competitive battles wherein the first to act and immobilize the other is usually the first to win. As such, the speed of Melanie’s abilities is vital. She can’t really petrify her opponents if she doesn’t get in before she’s downed, after all.
Along with this, she can be quite flimsy and could benefit from an increase in her health. Though she isn’t as weak as many Support Espers, she’s still important to keep up no matter what and isn’t as defensively inclined as others. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Wind: +25% SPD
- Recurve: +25% ACC
- Grove: +25% HP
Lastly, Melanie’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize HP, ACC, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
More Interesting Posts from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.