Originating from Yue Lao, a Chinese god of marriage and love, Unky Chai is a Support Esper who mostly focuses on powerfully buffing his allies. He’s surprisingly useful, considering the fact that he’s a 3* Esper and not too popular in the community.
Unky Chai Details
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 753
- HP: 14,687
- DEF: 874
- SPD: 101
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is Unky Chai a Good Esper in Dislyte?
Unky Chai is easily one of the Best Rare Espers in Dislyte and has utility that goes well beyond the early game. In particular, it is his ability to reduce the cooldowns of all ally abilities, on a regular basis, that really sees him excel in the game. On top of this, he can buff his allies with ATK Up and C. Rate Up to really boost their damage.
He can be used across a range of PvE content where you need your allies to get their best abilities out as often as possible. Indeed, even though he is a Rare Esper, he is definitely worth investing in for the long game.
Unky Chai Abilities
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Unky Chai’s abilities can be seen below.
Under The Moon
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Deals 90% ATK damage. Gains 25% AP
- Level 2: Damage increased to 95%.
- Level 3: Damage increased to 100%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 105%
- Level 5: Damage increased to 110%.
- Level 6: Damage increased to 115%.
- Level 7: Damage increased to 120%.
- Level 8: Damage increased to 125%.
- Level 9: Damage increased to 130%.
Ties That Bind (PASSIVE)
- Level 1: At the start of Unky Chai’s turn, if he can take action, grants C. Rate Up to 2 random allies for 2 turns. Following Ascension 3, ATK Up is also granted for 1 turn, and if a target is already in ATK Up, all of their ability cooldowns are reduced by 1 turn.
Ropes of Destiny
- Level 1: Grants ATK Up to all allies for 2 turns. If a target already has ATK Up, reduces all their ability cooldowns by 1 turn. This ability’s cooldown won’t be affected by any abilities. Cooldown: 6 turns
- Level 2: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn
- Level 3: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn
Unky Chai Captain Ability
Increases ally HP by 18%.
Unky Chai Ascension
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Unky Chai at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: ATK +70
- Phase 2: HP +950
- Phase 3: Upgraded Ties That Bind
- Phase 4: ATK +10%
- Phase 5: HP +15%
- Phase 6: SPD +10
Unky Chai Resonance
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Under the Moon||Earth Shatter: Final Damage +10%.|
|Divine Resilience||When attacked by a critical hit, damage –10%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Hasty Action||If there is an ability on cooldown, SPD +16.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Covenant||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP + 15%.|
Unky Chai Divinate
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs Mona receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +136
- HP +5,268
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%
- When the bearer’s HP is below 50%, Under the Moon’s Final Damage +20%
Unky Chai Equipment
Firstly, being focused on making his allies more powerful, the most important things to ensure you’re doing to keep him at his best are reducing his ability cooldowns so he can refresh his buffs whenever possible and keeping him alive, as many Support Espers tend to be quite flimsy.
Secondly, being a 3* Esper, this flimsiness is only exacerbated and you’ll definitely have to focus on keeping his HP and DEF high, otherwise, you’ll be down an Esper and down the buffs your team is relying on. His passive will also be lost, which can make other Espers’ ability cooldowns more cumbersome. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Ocean: Grants a 35% chance of reducing all ability cooldowns by 1 turn after an ability is used.
- Aegis: All allied Espers start the battle with a Shield equal to 20% of their max HP. Duration: 2 turns.
- Grove: +25% HP
Lastly, Unky Chai’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize HP, DEF, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.