Originating from the Six-Eared Macaque, a spiritual primate from Journey to the West, a classical Chinese novel, Tang Yun is a Fighter Esper with a focus on attacking as many times as possible in one turn, and stunning enemies to grant even more opportunities for attacks. Being the best DPS 3* Esper, in my opinion, he’s great to invest in at the very beginning of the game.
Tang Yun Details
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 1,144
- HP: 10,002
- DEF: 831
- SPD: 95
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
- General Information
- Role: Fighter
- Element: Wind
- Rarity: Rare
- Affiliation: Shadow Decree
- Origins: Chinese
- Deity: Six-Eared Macaque
- Captain Ability: Yes
- Availability: Echo
Is Tang Yun a Good Esper in Dislyte?
As Tang Yun is only a 3* Esper, he’s not a particularly good unit in the late game, especially compared to a lot of the 4* and 5* Espers. Despite this, he definitely has his strengths, being able to attack tons of times while also having a pretty high chance to stop enemies in their tracks.
When you’re just starting out, your best teams will be built from 3 DPS Espers and 2 Support/Controller Espers, so Tang Yun is an easy one to build alongside Li Ling and Mona if you want to go for this structure. Being a 3*, he’s easy to get more Resonance for, and he’s not too resource intensive in order to make him useful.
Tang Yun Abilities
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Tang Yun’s abilities can be seen below.
Take your Gaming Sessions to the Next Level
- Stop your Mobile Running out of Battery Mid Game
- Transform your Mobile into a Great Handheld Gaming Device
- Everything you need for the Best Mobile Gaming Sessions
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy. Deals 100% ATK damage. 30% chance of Stunning the enemy for 1 turn. 30% chance of casting Iron Polearm.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 110%
- Level 3: Damage increased to 120%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 130%
Talisman of Inward Devilry
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit deals 100% ATK damage. 50% chance of casting Iron Polearm. Cooldown: 4 turns. Following Ascension 3, those attacks ignore 40% DEF.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 105%
- Level 3: Damage increased to 110%
- Level 4: Damage increased to 120%
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 3 times. Each hit deals 80% ATK damage. Upon a Crit, casts Iron Polearm. Cooldown: 4 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 85%
- Level 3: Damage increased to 90%
- Level 4: Damage increased to 95%
- Level 5: Damage increased to 100%
- Level 6: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn
Tang Yun Captain Ability
Increases ally ATK by 18%
More Great Free Games to Play
- All the Best Cell Phone MOBA Games
- Our Favourite Cell Phone Card Games
- Best Free Co-Op Games for Cell Phones
Tang Yun Ascension
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Tang Yun at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: ATK +70
- Phase 2: HP +950
- Phase 3: Upgraded Talisman of Inward Devilry
- Phase 4: HP +10%
- Phase 5: ATK +15%
- Phase 6: C. RATE +15%
Tang Yun Resonance
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Avatara: Final Damage +10%.|
|Divine Resilience||When attacked by a critical hit, damage –10%.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Deathly Cinders||When any ally is currently not alive, C. DMG +30%.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +10%.|
|Covenant||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
Tang Yun Equipment
Tang Yun is best at DPS, attacking many times, and because of this, it’s best to increase the damage he does with these attacks. In terms of Equipment, however, there are more sets that benefit high damage Espers than just ones that increase the base damage stat. Some instead allow counter-attacks and healing per attack, and these are important to keep in mind too.
On top of this, Tang Yun is a fairly unique Esper in that one of his abilities launches more attacks upon a Crit, and this is also important to keep in mind and potentially boost in order to get as many attacks in as possible per turn and get as many chances as possible to Stun the opponent. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- Nether: HP regenerated at 35% of damage dealt.
- War: +30% ATK
- Fiery: C.RATE +20%
Lastly, Tang Yun’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize C. DMG, C. RATE, ATK, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
More Interesting Posts from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.