Originating from Mictlantecutli, the Aztec god of death, Archibald is a Legendary Wind Fidgter Esper. He is capable of some great attacks against tankier opponents with damage that scales on the target’s Max HP and can also inflict powerful debuffs which limit the enemies’ use of their abilities.
- Max Level Stats
- ATK: 1,173
- HP: 12,178
- DEF: 925
- SPD: 101
- C. RATE: 10%
- C. DMG: 150%
- ACC: 0%
- RESIST: 20%
Is Archibald a Good Esper in Dislyte?
Archibald is at his best when used in content that has multiple rounds such as when battling the Story mode, fighting within the Cube Miracle, or trying to ascend the Towers. This is primarily due to his unique buff, Carnival Heat, which boosts the AP of allies after reaching stack milestones that are carried across rounds.
Carnival Heat stacks are gained each time an enemy casts their basic ability. Thankfully, Archibald can also force them to do this with his basic ability, Silent Spirit, which inflicts Silence, and with his unique debuff, One Swing, which also forces the enemy to only use their basic. One Swing also sees the carrier deal True Damage to their entire team at the end of their turn – this can chain well with bomb Espers such as Embla and Jiang Man.
To cast One Swing onto enemies, Archibald must use his third ability, Carnival Sonata. This ability attacks all enemies, inflicts them with One Swing, and dispels one buff from the target. It is also worth noting that the damage from all of Archibald’s abilities scales off of the target’s Max HP up to a max based on his ATK. As such, you’ll want to build him with ATK prioritized.
In battle, an Esper will utilize their abilities in order to deal damage to the enemy and support their team. All Dislyte Esper Abilities start at Level 1 and can be increased further depending on the ability. Each additional level will improve the ability in a certain way. For more details on improving an Esper’s abilities, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on all of Archibald’s abilities can be seen below.
- Level 1: Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Damage per hit: 40% ATK. Each hit has a 50% chance of inflicting Silence for 2 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 50%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 60%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 60%
- Level 5: Trigger Chance increased to 70%.
- Level 1: Attacks all enemies 3 times. Damage per hit: 15% of Archibald’s ATK +1% of the target’s Max HP, damage based on Max HP will not exceed 15% of Archibald’s ATK. Each hit has a 40% chance of inflicting Buff Blocker for 2 turns.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 20%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 50%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 25%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 1: Attacks all enemies 3 times. Damage per hit: 20% of Archibald’s ATK +2% of the target’s Max HP; damage based on Max HP will not exceed 30% of Archibald’s ATK. Each hit has a 60% chance of dispelling 1 buff from the target. Inflicts One Swing for 2 turns (won’t work on Bosses). Passive: Buffs on enemies with One Swing can only last for up to 1 turn. When an enemy casts their basic ability, Archibald gains 1 stack of Carnival Heat. Each stack of Carnival Heat increases Archibald’s damage by 1%. When ally Mavis takes ability damage, shares 25% of her damage.
- Level 2: Damage increased to 25%.
- Level 3: Trigger Chance increased to 80%.
- Level 4: Damage increased to 30%.
- Level 5: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Archibald Captain Ability
Increases ally C. RATE by 25%.
All Espers in Dislyte can be further ascended to improve their stats starting from level 1. They can then be ascended again at levels 10/20/30/40/50 up to a total of 6 Ascensions. For more details on Ascending your Espers, check out our Dislyte Esper Guide.
Full details on the boost gained by Archibald at each level of Esper Ascension can be seen below.
- Phase 1: ATK +70, HP +340, DEF +25
- Phase 2: HP +950, ATK +25, DEF +25
- Phase 3: Upgraded Carnival Sonata
- Phase 4: C. DMG +15%
- Phase 5: ATK +15%
- Phase 6: ACC +20%
Each Esper can conduct up to 6 Resonances. Each Resonance unlocks Divine Gates that boost an Esper’s powers through higher stats or stronger abilities. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. See below for this Esper’s Resonance buffs.
|Overload||Carnival Sonata: Final Damage +10%.|
|Morph||Carnival Sonata: Reduces the target’s Max HP upon landing a critical hit. Reduction: 50% Damage.|
|Blessing||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +15%.|
|Preemptive Strike||The 1st active ability cast in battle deals +15% damage.|
|Aura||Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +20%.|
|Morph||Enchanting Drop: Resets the cooldown for Carnival Sonata.|
You can collect Divinates for an Esper to increase their Divinate tier up to a maximum tier of 6. You can learn more about this feature in our Dislyte Esper Guide. The below shows the buffs Archibald receives at her maximum Divinate tier and maximum Divinate level:
- ATK +900
- HP +3,815
- Base ATK, Base DEF, and Base HP +30%
- After Archibald casts Enchanting Drop, 100% chance of extending all enemy Ability Cooldowns by 1 turn
Increasing the ATK of Archibald is an absolute priority as it will increase the damage of his second and third abilities which scale based on the target’s max HP to a maximum value based on Archibald’s ATK. Secondly, increasing his C. RATE will help elevate his damage to that of a premium Fighter Esper. Therefore, you should look to apply the following sets:
- War: ATK +30%
- Fiery: C.RATE +20%
Lastly, Archibald’s Equipment characteristics should prioritize C. RATE, ATK BONUS, C. DMG, and SPD.
For more details on finding and determining the best Equipment for your Espers, check out our Dislyte Equipment Guide.
More Dislyte Guides from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Dislyte Esper Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Dislyte Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.