For beginners to Evony, understanding which troops to use in a given situation is vital to progress. This Evony Troop Guide gives a breakdown of all the troops and their strengths and weaknesses. In addition, you will find details on healing, training, and the upkeep costs of troops.
Also outlined, are details on all troop tier levels available, the corresponding resource cost, and the power gain for each troop trained. Check out our Evony Troop Cost Calculator to quickly work out how much of each resource you will need to build your target level of troops.
Evony Troop Guide
Strengths and Weaknesses
Each Evony troop has a certain strength or weakness against other troops. This is outlined below:
- Mounted – high attack cuts down ground troops easily. However, low HP and defence leaves them vulnerable to ranged troops. Also, due to high attack, very effective against boss monsters.
- Ranged – range of attack makes them highly effective at picking off mounted troops from distance. However, low damage sees ground troops able to close in on them and take them out.
- Ground – the high defence and HP stats of these troops makes them ranged troop killer specialists. They are able to withstand the ranged attacks to close the distance and take them out. On the other hand, the high attack of mounted troops leaves them vulnerable to this troop type.
- Siege – huge damage and range. Strong against everything but expensive to build and a Gem cost to heal.
With these strengths and weaknesses, it is very important to scout the enemy before attacking. Once you know what the enemy has, you can send the troop type that will be most effective.
For example, a keep with mostly ranged troops should be attacked with a ground-heavy PvP march along with a good Ground PvP General.
Evony Mounted Troops
The below table outlines the resource cost at each troop tier level. It also details the power gained from a single troop trained at each tier level. These troops are trained in the Stable building. Team them up with a Mounted General for a very effective attack.
Take your Gaming Sessions to the Next Level
- Stop your Mobile Running out of Battery Mid Game
- Transform your Mobile into a Great Handheld Gaming Device
- Everything you need for the Best Mobile Gaming Sessions
Evony Ranged Troops
The below table outlines the resource cost at each troop tier level. It also details the power gained from a single troop trained at each tier level. These troops are trained in the Archer Camp building. Team them up with a Ranged General for a very effective attack.
Evony Ground Troops
The below table outlines the resource cost at each troop tier level. It also details the power gained from a single troop trained at each tier level. These troops are trained in the Barracks building. Team them up with a Ground General for a very effective attack.
Evony Siege Troops
The below table outlines the resource cost at each troop tier level. It also details the power gained from a single troop trained at each tier level. These troops are trained in the Workshop building. Team them up with a Siege General for a very effective attack.
Evony Troop Cost Calculator
If you want to plan out how many resources you will need for the troops you are going to build, then check out our Evony Troop Cost Calculator. It details how much of each resource you will require to build your target level of troops.
Combine this with our Evony Total Resource Calculator to ensure you have enough resources to build your desired number of troops.
More Great Free Games to Play
- All the Best Cell Phone MOBA Games
- Our Favourite Cell Phone Card Games
- Best Free Co-Op Games for Cell Phones
Evony Troop Healing Guide
When you are attacked, or attack someone else, you will almost certainly see some of your troops become wounded and killed. Killed is the worst scenario, as it means they are gone forever (unless you are in the Server War Event).
Once your hospital capacity is full, all troops will start to be killed.
You can improve the number that will be wounded by upgrading your Hospital building and by undertaking research. The research you need to focus on to improve your wounded rate are as follows:
- Defense Tree – Adv Medical Power (increases hospital capacity), Adv Pharmacy (increases healing speed), Medicine (reduces healing cost)
- Medical Aid Tree – Everything here will benefit you and should be a big focus if you plan to be active in PvP
- Recovery Tree – All are helpful, however it improves the number of Deserters and Troop Souls at the Holy Palace
In addition, you should always make sure to wear the Medicine Crown in your Monarch Gear and assign a duty general at the Hospital prior to commencing healing.
Also, changing your culture to Korea and controlling many Arabia Subordinate Cities will improve your healing speed. Check out our Evony Sub City Guide for more details.
Finally, adding points to the Healing Cost talent will reduce the cost of healing significantly.
Evony Troop Training Guide
There are several factors that influence how quickly your troops are trained. The best ways to improve troop training times can be seen below:
- Research – Adv Conscription and Super Conscription under the Military research tree will both improve training speed.
- Monarch Gear – always equip the Martial Crown before training troops.
- Duty General – asssign a general as on duty at your troop training buildings. Check out out list of all the Evony Duty Generals.
- Army Camp – these buildings increase training speed and also training capacity.
- Subordinate Cities – China subordinate cities improve troop training speed. Check out our Evony Sub City Guide for more details.
- Culture – changing your culture to America will improve training speed.
Evony Troop Upkeep Guide
Except for Siege Troops, all other troops have a food upkeep cost from having them in your city. This means, that your food level will decrease as your troops continue to eat it.
However, there are ways you can minimize this. By far the best way is by improving your warehouse building. The higher its level, the higher the amount of food that will be protected from troop upkeep.
You can also improve it through the Warehouse Protection research found in the Development research tree. To see your current level of food protected from troop upkeep, select your Warehouse building and select the details option.
More Evony Guides from OCG
- Ranged General Tier List
- Monster General Tier List
- Ground General Tier List
- Huns Invasion Event Guide
- Lucky Composing Event Guide
- Evony General Guide
- Best Sub City Generals
- Best Duty Generals
- Best Gathering Generals
- Beginner’s Tips and Tricks
- Troop Guide
- Play Evony on PC or Mac
- Arctic Barbarians Invasion
- Viking Challenge
- Historic City Searching
- Royal Thief
- Relic Guide
- Crafting Guide
- World Boss Guide
- Hydra Invasion Event Guide
- Crazy Eggs Guide
- Beginner’s Guide
- Boss Monster Guide
- Event Monsters
- Server War Guide
- Evony General List
- Siege General Tier List
- Mounted General Tier List
- Best Defense Generals
- Troop Cost Calculator
- Total Resource Calculator
- Total Speedup Calculator
- Alt Account Guide
- Sub City Guide
- Evony Culture
- Gathering Guide
- Prestige Guide
More Interesting Posts from OCG
Join our Community
If you found this Evony Troop Guide useful then join our community below. We will keep you updated on any new Evony Guides we post, along with other interesting updates from the site.